This is a fast-paced role, turning around headlines and copy to tight deadlines, and tight character counts. The remit covers several brands and lots of different channels, including paid media and social media – depending on what the client throws our way on any given day.
The copywriter will work closely with a lovely team to produce the best possible result for client and agency. A pragmatic and creative mind-set is a must, whether adding flair to a simple copy job, finding lateral ways to solve a challenge or working alongside a conceptual designer.
At the same time, the role demands strong organisational skills, as well as endless initiative and positivity. Problem solving is an essential (and satisfying) part of the job.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Display best-in-class copywriting skills, writing elegantly to tight character counts
- Write with care and enthusiasm on every job
- Ensure client work is always on brand
- Ensure that work is completed within time and budget
- Demonstrate unerring attention to detail and brilliant understanding of grammar and syntax
- Foster an interest in technology
- Keep up to speed with industry innovations and trends, particularly social
- Defend work with passion but pragmatism
- Develop concepts from creative briefs, alongside a Conceptual Designer
- Proactively contribute to the department, or otherwise assist where needed
- Be able to grasp creative ideas and the ability to add value to the brief
- Help out on other clients where appropriate
- Be adaptable