Data Scientist with prominent experience Programming Languages, Data Science, Scientific Research etc. required to join a world class organisation in Statistical Data in London / Hampshire UK. The role offers an attractive £40000-60000 per annum salary.
Key Skills & Background:
- Basic programming ability (preferably R, Python or other data analysis relevant language(s).
- Data Science is an intensely multidisciplinary practice. Must be able to demonstrate significant expertise or - for senior roles - provide evidence of successful technical leadership in some or all of the following areas:
- Data analytics – Artificial intelligence and machine learning, statistical modelling, pattern recognition, supervised and un-supervised learning, data mining, predictive analysis and natural language processing (NLP).
- Data engineering – Design of algorithms, implementation of big data solutions, multi-core/distributed processing, SQL and noSQL database systems, statistical analysis languages and tooling.
- Data management/Curation – Manipulation and analysis of complex, high volume and high dimensionality data, data modelling (including semantic technologies), relational and non-relational databases, cloud storage and data management, interoperability and standardisation for data, metadata management.
- Systems engineering - Applied to data/information/intelligence challenges in complex environments
- Scientific research methods – Analytical, Independent, critical and curious analysis of data, literature reviews.
- Story-telling and data visualisation – Visualisation of insights drawn from data and building of data driven products.
- Deliver research projects in one or more of the core Data Science Campus themes, the evolving economy, urban & rural, society, sustainability, and the UK in a global context. These projects are intended to push the boundaries of data science or introduce new applications to Government deliver answers or technique which can then be applied to answer key questions in future.
- Work with external bodies such as industry partners, academia and charities, as well as within government.
- Lead one of the above research strands, and/or lead the research and delivery of a processing technique or technology.
- Develop out collaboration with partner organisations to promote data science research and capability building.
- Work with Industry and Academia by partnering with them to ensure that the tasks we place remain on track, are of high quality and receive the benefit of internal expertise
- A higher degree (MSc or PhD) in a related subject is desirable, also those with equivalent experience can apply.
- Numerical education with working knowledge of mathematics and statistics e.g. data science, computer science, geospatial science, mathematics, statistics, physics, chemistry, engineering or related technical subject.