JOB DESCRIPTIONOur client is highly regarded and much loved AAA Games Studio, they are looking for a talented QA Engineer to help build a world-class Development QA function
Development QA is embedded directly within the development process and plays a key part in the game development, you’ll be working with the dev teams to support the engineering and continuous testing of our games whilst they are being created.
You’ll help to create and maintain the custom automated test frameworks, and use a range of tools and telemetry systems to monitor, validate and report on the quality of the game.
RequirementsSkills & Experience –
- Experience of working on programming projects in C++ and familiarity with XML scripting.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, with a logical and methodological approach to tasks.
- Educated to BSc Degree level or equivalent in an applicable technical field such as Computer Science or Games Development.
- Experience of working with MS Visual Studio, and understanding of Source Control/Continuous Integration tools such as Perforce, PlasticSCM, TeamCity, Jenkins, or similar.
- Excellent games knowledge and a passion for the medium. Racing game experience will really help, but isn’t required.
- Help create and maintain our automated test framework and associated custom tools. Code new automated test scripts based upon existing manual test scenarios.
- Work with the codebase and our programming team to add automation hooks and debug functions to the game in order to support both manual and automated test coverage.
- Monitor and act upon Continuous Integration and game telemetry output (e.g. stability, runtime errors, performance and memory usage data) to maintain build quality.
- Execute manual testing tasks when required on specific prototypes, game components, assets, features and/or systems.
- Evaluate manual and automated test results, and regress issues as they are addressed by the development team.
- Communicate build status and provide risk assessment, root cause analysis, and defect prioritization guidance.
- Provide technical and troubleshooting oversight to other team members; share expertise across the wider Development QA team.