The candidate will have a solid understanding of the value of digital PR and will have either worked in a similar role at an agency or client side. They will also have a strong understanding of the distinct nuances of working with various audiences such as bloggers and influencers compared to press and journalists. They will be able to demonstrate a range of approaches to engage with audiences effectively to maximise opportunities for coverage.
- Work with senior management to decide the long term direction and strategy for our digital PR approach, identifying threats and opportunities for the future, proposing ways we can counter or take advantage of them, and managing a roadmap of activity to make the strategy reality.
- Participate in client or prospect strategy brainstorms and discussions, instilling an appreciation of what will and won’t be successful from an outreach perspective to the wider team.
- Define and manage the approach to influencer analysis, to inform campaign concepts for clients in advance.
- Define and manage the approach for proactively engaging with influencers, whether we are working with them or not.
- Define reporting process for digital PR and other engagement metrics
- Work with your team to develop and continue strategies for growing the team’s professional relationships with key media/journalists and publications.
- Define and manage the approach to engaging with influencers for campaigns.
- Putting together accurate time and cost estimates for client campaigns.
- Coordinate the delivery of client campaigns from an outreach perspective.
- When necessary, attend events to assist with running them smoothly and building relationships with those attending.
- At least 4-5 years’ experience in Outreach and/or Digital PR.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Digital Marketing or a related discipline.
- Good understanding of the value of Digital PR.
- Experience of securing online coverage.
- Existing relationships with bloggers or journalists.
- Experience of using PR and influencer tools such as Response Source, Gorkana, BuzzStream, Buzz Sumo or similar.
- At least 1 year of line management experience.
- Keen and able to make the role your own, having a vision, defining and refining processes, and adjusting these within the current agency structure.