This will give you an opportunity to work on a project like no other, in an AAA Studio working on a high end console games.
Does that sound like an opportunity for you? Then read the spec below and apply before it's too late!
Your duties will include:
- Create outstanding Environment artwork that sets a high quality bar for the rest of the team.
- Help others to consistently reach that bar by mentoring and guiding more junior or less experienced colleagues.
- Contribute to the set-up of suitable pipelines and workflows, including prototyping, documenting processes and helping to specify, test and drive to quality tools created by the Technical Art and Engineering teams.
- Experience with cutting-edge techniques and technology related to environment art and a strong desire to stay ahead of the game.
- Able to proactively self-organise and prioritise work for yourself and others.
- Able to contribute to guiding and mentoring groups of junior artists, contractors, and outsourcers.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Accomplished at all aspects of environment creation, including sculpting, modelling, surfacing, texturing, with decent drawing skills and a good artistic eye for colour, value, tone, silhouette, etc.
- Accomplished at scene building, with a focus on composition and an understanding of how this fits with game design.
- Able to contribute to the stylistic development of the environment elements
- Comfortable working in a variety of art styles.
- Understanding of tools, techniques, best practices and technical limitations related to real-time environment creation.
- Able to contribute to the technical design of systems, to work closely with the Technical Art and Animation teams to arrive at elegant tools and solutions.
- Comfortable at all stages of game development, from concept through pre-production to production.
- Comfortable working with (and around) bespoke, in-development tool sets as well as with more mature engines and pipelines.