Sound like the job for you? This really is a dream chance for someone looking to progress in their creative games art career.
As an Environment Artist at this amazing studio you will need several years of experience in your field. Reporting to the Lead World Artist, you will be responsible for furnishing the game world with props, objects and life for use by Level Artist. You will have a varied and challenging role in our game's development maximising quality as well as efficiency.
Does that sound like you? Then get your CV across now before this opportunity is gone!
Your duties will include:
- Create outstanding Environment artwork that sets a high quality bar maintaining consistency through the game world.
- Possess the ability to teach and learn new techniques and processes.
- Contribute to the set-up of suitable pipelines and workflows, including prototyping, documenting processes and helping to specify, test and drive to quality tools created by the Technical Art and Engineering teams.
- Receptive to direction and performs well within a team environment.
- 3+ years of experience as a 3D artist within the gaming or similar industry.
- Experience with cutting-edge techniques and technology related to environment art and a strong desire to stay ahead of the game.
- Proactively self-organise and troubleshoot areas that are not working in the game demo/engine and help to fix them.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Review outsourced assets to ensure they fit the necessary requirements and are hitting the quality bar necessary.
- Accomplished at all aspects of environment creation, including sculpting, modelling, surfacing, texturing, with decent drawing skills and a good artistic eye for detail, colour, value, tone, silhouette, etc.
- Accomplished at scene building, with a focus on composition and an understanding of how this fits with game design.
- Able to contribute to the stylistic development of the environment elements
- Comfortable working in a variety of art styles.
- Understanding of tools, techniques, best practices and technical limitations related to real-time environment creation.
- Able to contribute to the technical design of systems, to work closely with the Technical Art and Animation teams to arrive at elegant tools and solutions.
- Comfortable at all stages of game development, from concept through pre-production to production.
- Comfortable working with (and around) bespoke, in-development tool sets as well as with more mature engines and pipelines.