Estimator, QS and procurement
Salary to be competitive with job role standards & negotiated based on applicant experience
A London based electrical, audio visual installation and Integration Company and are searching for a motivated individual for role in the high-end residential Smart home system sector. The projects will involve a range of specialist networks, software and hardware technologies across multiple sites and therefore will require attention to detail.
Projects involve all aspects of installation from design, co-ordination, infrastructure installation, integration and commission for the electrical, data, IRS, Smart home systems, lighting control, HVAC and door entry integration. Applicant must have good knowledge and experience with smart home systems and Integration, and electrical knowledge is essential. The highest level of punctuality, determination, presentation and commitment to the company and projects is paramount.
The successful applicant will act as leader of the Estimating, Procurement and QS of the projects and will be the direct point of contact for the project manager, technical and the delivery team. Their responsibilities will also be to report back to the account manager and company director with regular progress reports and forecasts.
The role will involve:
Reviewing tender documents and creating bids for new and existing projects, the role will involve working with the technical and design team to build the systems and equating the equipment and labour needed to price the project
Meeting monthly valuation dates to apply for the monthly valuations and claims for the existing projects. Working with the onsite project managers and delivery team to capture and claim for variations and additional works.
Working with the onsite team to order and deliver materials for the projects. During the estimating process creating take offs for materials needed to complete the projects / apartments and high end residential developments, these take offs will be placed as bulk orders to various suppliers then called off when the project requires them. The materials will be a mix between AV and electrical materials so a good understanding of this sector will be needed.
The people to be considered for this role will have, but not limited to:
- Software application knowledge • Knowledge of HVAC integration.
- Excellent Knowledge of Audio and Video distribution, specification and implementation.
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience Good knowledge and experience with systems such as Crestron, Lutron, Control4, AMX, Savant, KNX.
- Experience with lighting control
- Good Knowledge of electrical systems and materials
- Network architecture design capabilities for now and future planning
- Knowledge and ability to follow project documentation creation and the compliance to project documentation processes for records
- Be part of a team to develop a detailed scope of works as part of the end to end design of the solution
English language as a natural communication method