European Specification Sales Director - London - UK
A prestige Technology centered organisation who is enjoying a long time of significant growth and offering smart technology solutions on a global basis currently has an immediate opening for a European Specification Sales Director.
In this position, you will lead all specification sales efforts in UK and EU.
You and your team will work closely with architects, designers, Lighting designers, engineers and select end users.
You will create sales and coverage plans to develop specification accounts, project opportunities, and generate sales for the solutions in commercial, hospitality and residential projects.
You will hire, structure and develop an outstanding specification sales team to provide sustainable sales growth.
- Achieve annual specification sales target for new and existing buildings.
- Work with contractors and channel partners to surround and successfully close opportunities.
- Hire, train, onboard and mentor specification team in Europe.
- Develop and drive the sales demand creation teams to achieve their individual and team targets.
- Lead and manage London and Paris Spec teams to identify and track opportunity pipeline and update status in CRM tool.
- Responsible for relationship development with key strategic specification accounts up to the principal level.
- Direct & develop an Industry Association Plan & Program
- Become the brand ambassador
- Be an active leader and contributor of the Global Specification Strategy.
- Communicate and report results to senior leadership and HQ
- Provide timely feedback to senior management on product positioning in the European market.
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
• Master's Degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum 10 years of industry related selling and management experience
• Bilingual French/English
• Experience with or Knowledge of building materials, construction industry, and/or architecture firms is required
• Strong understanding and experience/success with consultative selling principles
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to connect at senior level
• Demonstrated ability to persuade and negotiate mutually beneficial outcomes
• Salesforce.com or other sales tracking software is a plus
• Willingness to travel internationally 20% of the time, sometimes with little or no notice.