Our client is currently looking for a are looking for an experienced Technical Animator to join a top-tier, experienced team to help craft cutting edge AAA open-world games.
As a Technical Animator you will be responsible for state machine design and implementation, player mechanics, rigging characters and other in-game objects, setting-up and maintaining animation pipelines and facilitating animators and designers to help maximize efficiency in feature development.
You'll be responsible for
- Owning and maintaining animation state machines
- Driving animation state machine tools and pipeline improvements
- Driving animation pipelines, and regularly improving upon them
- Driving character physics (hair and cloth simulation, as well as ragdoll physics)
- Aiding in rigging and skinning, as well as character customization setup
- Working in collaboration with animators, designers and programmers to implement realisation of player mechanics and npc characters
- Communicating effectively with content teams to identify workflow issues, spec out the plan to solve them, and then drive that plan to completion
- Using your technical expertise to find creative solutions to challenging problems
- Python and/or Mel scripting abilities
- Knowledge of Autodesk animation software (Maya/Motionbuilder)
- Strong understanding of character mechanics and animation pipelines/workflows
- Ability to provide strong character rigging / skinning
- Clear and open communication skills
- Desire to work as part of a team; taking feedback and direction appropriately, and the motivation to work independently
- Experience working on open world games
- Experience working with player mechanics
- Knowledge of character physics (hair and cloth sim and ragdoll) in-game
- Experience with character customization and what goes into making a customization system work
- A big added plus - experience with C++
To apply for this position please register below with a detailed resume, link to a portfolio and cover letter. A portfolio is required demonstrating all aspects of your skills. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate to work full-time in Stockholm, Sweden.