Our client is looking for an experienced looking for an Experienced C++ Core Technology Software Engineer with exceptional abilities, capable of understanding and implementing lots of low-level support systems required to implement a game. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in developing support systems such as Memory Management, Multi-Threading, File I/O, Networking, Optimisation, Data Streaming, Compression, Graphics, Audio, Physics, Scripting Integration, Path-Finding and Simulation.
What we’re looking for:
- A software engineer with professional experience in developing low-level support systems for games.
- Excellent C++ programming skills.
- Proven experience in the design and implementation of high-performance systems in areas such as Memory Management, Multi-Threading, File I/O, Networking, Optimisation, Data Streaming, Compression, Graphics, Audio, Physics, Scripting Integration, Path-Finding and Simulation.
- Cross-platform experience across PC, Console and Dedicated Servers.
- Proven experience of working on Multiplayer games.
- Someone who is both relaxed and excited about working in a medium-sized team.
- Attention to detail, and strong ability to analyse and comprehend direction.
Skills that would help your application
- Previous MMO experience.
- Awesome technical insight and a finisher of technical tasks on time.
- A good communicator with the ability to verbalise conceptual thoughts and a willingness to accept constructive critique.
- A gamer.
- Robust software engineering and software architecture principles and practice.
- Excellent problem solving, debugging and optimisation skills.