This represents an excellent time to join the organisation, you will take responsibility for producing game design documents and communicating those designs to the team. You will be involved in every aspect of the design and production process.
This is a very hands-on role where you’ll be using Unity directly – editing scripts and setting variables to decide and iterate on the behaviours of game objects.
You will be an experienced and passionate individual who takes your career in game design seriously, ambitious to see your designs played and enjoyed by millions of people. You will need to be extremely creative, but also able to apply logic and analytical thought. You will also be able to communicate your ideas well both verbally and in writing, and take pride in seeing your ideas come to fruition over the development process. With a deep understanding of game mechanics you’ll be adept at using creating, refining and testing the underlying core gameplay systems. A self-starter, you will be able to work independently and with minimal supervision.
Core Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable experience as a game designer, preferably in mobile and free-to-play.
- Very strong verbal, visual and written communication skills.
- Willingness to work with a Creative Director to translate their vision into in-game content.
- Creative thinker, able to come up with ideas that solve problems in simple and elegant ways that put the player first.
- Demonstrable experience working with gameplay data to produce balanced, fun systems.
- Understanding of the commercial requirements of a product with the ability to communicate the business case as well as the player experience.
- Demonstrate a passion for games and game design as a career.
- Able to multi-task, prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Details-orientated, quality-focused and player-centric.
- Ability to work independently as well part of a team.
- High levels of energy and drive.