You will work with writing performance critical code to feed the GPU, and take responsibility for elevating the visual quality of the game to the highest possible level in close collaboration with the art and tech departments. As is typical of Avalanches open world games, you will be instrumental in pushing both the realism and immersiveness of the world. In addition to outstanding technical knowledge, we are looking for a self-motivated individual with strong communication and collaboration skills.
- A well-developed aesthetic sense
- Solid background in rendering with experience in shaders and lighting
- Strong math skills
- Experienced with CPU/GPU optimizations
- Strong CPU and GPU debugging skills
- A solid understanding of the pros and cons that the current console architectures impose on all aspects of the rendering pipeline
- Direct experience with PS4 or XBox One development for a shipped title.
- Experience with the certification of console titles.
- An understanding of all aspects of game programming, including physics, animation, AI and networking