About the role
A Games Physics Programmers will be expected to design, write, maintain and optimise physics systems for an new project with a top tier publisher. You will also support game teams, assisting with issues and dealing with features requests working closely with other team members, leading by example, to ensure a high level of coding standards are achieved and maintained.
You will be a highly skilled and motivated individual with a passion for writing quality code. You should be comfortable working with a variety of platforms and have a deep understanding of physics techniques used in game development.
- At least 5 years experience in the games industry or similar
- Excellent C++
- Excellent C#
- Strong physics, maths and 3D programming
- Good degree in computer science or equivalent
- Good System and API design and knowledge of multi-threading
- Experience of cross platform design, and development for iOS, Android or Desktop
- Ability to work both individually and in a team
- Good understanding of Java, JNI, Objective-C a distinct advantage
- Write clean, robust and easily maintainable code
- Research, design and implement new features and improvements
- Work with the game teams to assist with issues and respond to bug and feature requests
- Organise peer review of code both up and down the hierarchy on a regular basis
- Deliver accurate time estimates for the programming tasks on a project for scheduling purposes
- Ensure features are finished on time and to the highest possible quality standards
- Demonstrate excellent time management and organisational skills, setting an example for the rest of the team
- Ideally you will have at least one shipped title and have a passion for developing and playing games.