- Good degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Detailed knowledge of development tools and techniques relating to game development across a wide variety of platforms.
- Experience of game development using C++.
- Good understanding of Java, JNI, Objective-C and C# a distinct advantage.
- Strong maths and 3D programming skills a distinct advantage.
- Ability to work both individually and in a team.
- Working knowledge of the game development process.
- Deliver accurate time estimates for the programming tasks on a project for scheduling purposes.
- Ensure project deliverables are finished on time and to the highest possible quality standards.
- Adhering to programming standards and code review.
- Identify problems and suggest work around solutions before they impact project delivery.
- Demonstrate excellent time management and organisational skills. Setting an example for the rest of your team.
Additional Responsibility at Senior Level
- Communicate project requirements, technical strategy and implementation approach on an ongoing basis with the programming team.
- Ensure the programming team are adhering to programming standards and code review.
- Ideally be able to able to provide both 2D and 3D game demos.
- Have at least one shipped title and will ideally have 2+ years of experience working on PC, console, handheld or mobile gaming platforms.