Global Account Manager
This role is a great opportunity for an experienced media planner looking to move for a new challenge or a step to manager level working across two exciting brands.
The Account Manager will be responsible for developing learnings and strategic recommendations with local teams, ensuring regional clients are kept updated with regional/local planning/implementation progress/status.
They will be responsible for the management and development of the Account Executive alongside another Account Manager and the Account Director.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Market coordination & team management
- Create, develop and maintain relationships with EMEA markets and cluster leads;
- Develop deep understanding of planning processes and global/regional/local planning timelines – and share updates with team/clients as required;
- Support and advise local markets to ensure that their media plans comply with the brief, strategy and guidelines developed globally and regionally;
- Support and advise local markets to ensure that advanced analytics is understood, recommended and implemented locally;
- Work closely with markets and internal stakeholders to deliver accurate & timely reports to clients (e.g. innovation tracker, learnings, strategy vs. local implementation tracker “traffic light system”, etc.;
- Spot and scale innovations and partnership deals across markets, and celebrate achievements by managing award submissions at a regional level;
- Confidently challenge and question recommendations to ensure the best possible delivery
- Ensure flawless implementation of all administrative tasks (status meetings, finance, data reporting, Media Tools reporting and stewardship, etc.)
- Provide support to all team members (GAD/AD/AE)
- Client Management
- Gain the respect and trust of all relevant client personnel by demonstrating knowledge, commitment and enthusiasm for their business;
- Manage client expectations and have the ability to escalate issues quickly to the Account Director and Group Account Director if necessary;
- Constantly use your knowledge of the clients business to identify areas where we can help solve their marketing challenges.
- Experience working on international clients;
- Strong relationship builder with immediate team, other departments and local markets;
- High level of numeracy with a particular ability to analyse and interrogate numbers;
- Ability to multi task,
- Flexible and open minded;
- Exposure to multi-media disciplines, understanding of cross channels media;
- Ability to think on their feet, be proactive and take ownership of projects;
- Strong desire to learn, with a can do attitude and entrepreneurial spirit;
- Excellent verbal and written skills;
- Competent in Excel, PPT, Word and Outlook and knowledgeable on all relevant media research/tools available (e.g. TGI, Nielsen, comScore etc.);