A role exists within the Global Programmatic department to support a growing team covering several clients. As a Programmatic Account Director, you will play a leading role in client servicing and Strategy Development/Deployment, overseeing teams of Account Managers and Account Executives, as well as developing programmatic proposition and new business. This role will primary be focused on working with clients on a Programmatic Consultancy basis – this will involve projects such as Performance Auditing, Creation and Deployment of Media/ Data strategies, reviewing and forging relationships with wider AdTech products to solve client challenges, synergizing programmatic with other digital and offline marketing channels as well as ways of working to create streamline processes to support client objectives.
Responsibilities & Competencies:
Projects and Product
- Responsible for project managing the various programmatic consultancy projects
- Support the Business Director to create and build out the Programmatic offering
- Support the Business Director to build out scope, time/role justification and service packages for client projects.
- Developing and growing Programmatic Products and processes via close liaisons with multiple teams.
- Be the lead for Programmatic Consultancy Services across Auditing, Strategy, Deployment and Ways of Working
- Ensure alignment to other digital/offline challenges to synergise and combine approaches and ways of working to allow for holistic harmonised marketing efforts
- Responsible for delivering the vision and roadmap set out
- Work closely with all key programmatic partners: DSP’s, SSP’s, Publishers, and Tech Partners to develop and deliver client deliverables
- Work closely with other teams such as Global Strategy and Digital teams to ensure consistency of approach
- Support the Programmatic Business Director in delivering an actionable roadmap based on long and short-term priorities
- Provides a strong link with the global client team to align ways of working & applicable support to regional programmatic hubs
- Maintain and grow high levels of partnership focused relationships with clients
- Stay connected with programmatic industry advancements and apply external views to client ways of working to advance processes and approaches to stay ahead of the curve and continually drive client value.
- Be a key stakeholder for Programmatic education within the agency and with clients – these responsibilities can involve reviewing, re-purposing, building and delivering educational material for the benefits of clients and wider agency.
- Support the Business Director for Programmatic Pitch deliverables and creation of client bespoke strategies/approaches
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day project team, mapping to project mindset way of operation
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of personnel and service delivery
- Providing ongoing support with regular and constructive feedback to ensure the continued personal development of direct reports
- Foster an environment of trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort
- Sustaining and Growing Team morale via maintaining an interesting, progressive, productive and collaborative working atmosphere.
- Managing resource and allocation of tasks throughout the team, keep track of workload and identify areas of workflow efficiency
The ideal candidate will be able to not only demonstrate knowledge and experience in Programmatic marketing, but also understand how this provides value to our clients’ businesses and is able to lead clients on a roadmap to the future ways of working.
You will also lead the way in changing how a traditional media agency operates to cater for a more automated and data-driven world and a consultative/project-based manner. You will be familiar with developing and delivering strategic programmatic frameworks (combining data, creative and media), upgrading planning processes, operations, increasing agency capabilities, campaign management and have an opinion on industry developments. Success can be summarized in the follow objectives:
- Quality of outputs produced by the team
- Successful end to end project delivery and expansion of consultancy offering
- Ongoing connection with internal teams and industry presence to stay connected and apply views to client ways of working
The Programmatic Account Director will be expected to manage all output from their team; ensuring high quality is consistently met. Additionally, the Programmatic Account Director will demonstrate effective contribution in the development of the programmatic department, across: People Management, Client accounts, Education, Quality, Programmatic Pillars and New business.
The ideal candidate should understand the standards for the role and deliver tothem as well as continually working to improve performance and looking for ways to exceed expectations. Furthermore, they should be able to build a rapport with others to develop productive and effective relationships at work and will always follow through on commitments.
Key Skills & Knowledge:
- Experienced Programmatic team management within a media agency operating model
- Strong commercial acumen and first-hand experience on how agency accounts and programmatic teams are run
- Practical understanding and experience in delivering Programmatic campaigns
- In-depth understanding of under-the-hood capabilities of Programmatic technologies and platforms, especially DV360
- Understanding of other Digital/Offline channels, and the drive to become a marketing specialist and connect the dots across client marketing efforts
- Strong project management skills
- Confident presenter and storyteller
- Effective and efficient working style
- Highly organised, with ability to juggle multiple clients/demands
- Strong interest in Programmatic, digital media and advertising
- Team player and lead on programmatic thinking
- Reporting experience and understanding of analytics tools
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Team player driven by knowledge sharing, brainstorming ideas and thriving on constructive criticism