The role includes strategic and commercial responsibility and requires a senior experienced Search practitioner with a high level of knowledge in search, shopping and paid social combined with strong people management skills and a proven record in maintaining and building client relationships.
Reporting into the Director of Paid Media, you will collaborate with the other channel leads and other key contributors to ensure that performance-driven, innovative, and strategically integrated. You will take responsibility for the daily management of Paid Search activities, manage three Paid Media Performance Directors and lead a team of Paid Search specialists, responsible for their training and progress, as well as the processes and frameworks that determine how Paid Search is delivered by the agency.
You will create, support and manage detailed strategies that can be used in an efficient way to benefit the agency and other members of the media team. You will own campaign performance and identify opportunities for improvements, while ensuring the Paid Media Performance Directors and Media Managers deliver on the day-to-day optimisation strategies, analysis and technical changes.
Role & responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for financial and strategic growth of Paid Search & Shopping and Paid Social offering across the agency.
- Management of three Paid Media Performance Directors, supporting them with their own personal development and management of their teams.
- Responsible for overall department team management, development and recruitment.
- Responsible for overall Search accounts from a senior perspective; relationships with key senior clients – both Search and broader stakeholders.
- Ensuring strategic integration with other channels on those accounts, particularly SEO, Social and Display.
- Responsible for overall delivery of work and quality of work from Paid Search teams driving forward best practice.
- C0-commercially responsible for contracts, fee structures and finances for all Search clients, as well as commercial awareness on profitability.
- Responsible for key relationships with Google, Bing, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, DoubleClick as well as other key suppliers.
- Managing tech suppliers and auditing new ones; e.g. bid management platforms, analytics platforms.
- Responsible for new business – Paid Search and Paid Social specific pitches, Paid Search and Paid Social as part of wider pitches and also Paid Search and Paid Social projects for clients.
- Growing our Paid Search and Paid Social product including integration with other departments and identifying growth areas such as TV syncing, CRM integration with PPC and how these can be developed