Possessing advanced analytical, technical and marketing competencies, the Head of Search will collaborate closely with members of the marketing, content and product teams.
Junior organic traffic generation roles report in.
- Develop the organization’s technical SEO strategy to open our content to bots in an organized an technically correct manner to maximize our organic traffic opportunity, delivering results for different regions, languages and countries
- Grow organic ranking position through implementation of the SEO strategy
- Conduct detailed analysis of site performance and review tracking metrics to improve existing rankings and identify new opportunities
- Perform ongoing keyword discovery, expansion and optimization
- Conduct site audits and utilise site tools to identify both opportunity and SEO violations & potential issues incurring penalties, work with development team to ensure conclusions are understood and SEO best practice is properly implemented.
- Perform independent research on the latest algorithm updates, where other marketers are having success and analyze competitor websites for organic traffic insights
- Troubleshoot and implement solutions for traffic issues or lack of growth
- Work with content and product teams on new opportunities and on page techniques to consistently achieve the best results, briefing work in a clear and accurate manner
- Monitor and communicate performance and issues
- Advanced analytical, technical and marketing competency
- Proven SEO experience and demonstrable success on a large-scale, technical and strategic level
- Detailed understanding of international SEO concepts and techniques and different search engines around the world
- Excellent understanding of Google algorithm changes and tactics to address them
- In-depth experience with SEO analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Search Centre, Moz etc.)
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in SEO
- Excellent analytical skills to discover potential issues, opportunities and to iterate improvements
- Excellent people skills, with the ability to chair meetings on best practice and get consensus. Ability to build and maintain good relationships with key stakeholders
- Good time management and solid project management fundamentals
- A great team player. Must be able to work collaboratively across different departments
- Ability to dive in and find answers to questions that may not yet be documented