Key Skills & Background:
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Troubleshooting & Diagnostic skills
- An analytical approach to problem solving
- Essential to have significant Service Desk management experience, with a real drive and passion for user experience, employee enoblement and continuous improvement and to manage of approx 10 infrastructure engineers supporting 3500 end users
- Good interpersonal skills
- An ability to lead and work within a team
- Coaching and/or Mentoring
- High level of technical knowledge of Microsoft products
- Tolerance of stressful situations, and able to work under pressure
- High Personal Standards
About the Role:
The Infrastructure Team Manager will report to the Service Desk Operations Manager and work as an integral part of the operations team. They will also have line manager responsibilities for Infrastructure Team Engineers and their primary focus will be to lead and manage the day to day performance of the Service Desk ensuring that Key Performance indicators are met and dealing with customer escalations and incidents as required.
- Manage incidents, requests, changes, problems, configuration, availability, capacity, performance and cost along with Drive continuous improvement activities
- Lead and Manage a team deployed across projects, platforms or infrastructure support and maintenance activities.
- Bringing into service, operating, supporting, performance monitoring, continually improving and decommissioning Infrastructure services (SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS), products and platforms to serve a variety of user needs;
- Working with tools and technologies within the company’s Technology Road map.
- Maintain consistency between development and production environments.
- Challenge existing processes in order to build agile and flexible platforms, services and products.
- Active participation in wider communities of practice, identifying good practices we can adopt and sharing our experiences.
- Sharing knowledge of tools and techniques, and collaborating to improve the capability of the team.
The Company is committed to improving its product portfolio with a ‘digital first’ slogan. It aims to connect the company data with its users in innovative, creative and effective ways. They are looking for people to join the award-winning teams to lead the production of high quality statistical data information.