Overview of job
Working within the Connected Execution AdOperations team to ensure the efficient implementation of ad-serving, web analytics, audience tracking and optimisation technologies for digital advertising. You will also be responsible for supporting internal and client teams with troubleshooting issues and being on top of future technologies and solutions. This team is responsible for delivering international solutions, particularly in EMEA, with some global influence. An Ad Operations Manager understands various digital technology ways of working and is able to work closely with our programmatic and buying teams to effectively activate digital campaigns, whilst managing delivery from junior team members. They need to have excellent technical knowledge, effective communication skills and an extensive experience in implementing digital campaigns. A successful Ad Operations Manager can handle the day to day setup of their campaigns, liaising with their manager to ensure tracking requirements are met, as well as mentoring team members and developing a trusted relationship with their colleagues in other departments and with the client’s media team.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Associate Director of Ad Operations
3 best things about the job:
Opportunity to constantly learn on the job and work on some of the most prestigious clients in EMEA.
- Working at the forefront of digital technology which is forever growing and changing, developing innovative solutions to benefit your clients.
- Fun-working atmosphere and team culture
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Developed strong working relationships with your internal stakeholders.
- Started to build an understanding of your major accounts and how they can be improved in the future.
- Been delivering accurate campaign setups and thorough testing.
- Set up ways of working with your team that are appropriate to the demands of your clients and the communication styles of those around you.
- Made contact with your major client’s digital team and relevant 3rd party partners.
- Taken ownership of business as usual on your major client accounts.
- Started to progress technical solutions for the benefit of growing the accounts and commercial opportunity
- Developed a good grasp of your major accounts and how the various teams in the agency interact to produce best in class digital work.
- Ability to effectively contribute to the workload of the team.
- Developed strong relationships with your client teams and 3rd party partners building their trust in your expertise.
- Fully implemented some of the proposed technical solutions for the betterment of the account.
- Understand the annual trends in the client’s digital activity and idealise some of the ways of working and best practice for the next 12 months.
- Work closely with your virtual team including the Technology Group Head to ensure all work is of a high standard.
- Ensure efficient implementation of campaigns, whilst thoroughly managing the ad-server network, ensuring best practice is followed and maintained.
- Ensure that all web analytics, behavioural targeting and other optimisation technologies are implemented correctly in the execution of digital advertising campaigns.
- To implement and thoroughly test all publisher and 3rd party pixels.
- To liaise with the relevant creative agencies to ensure that all creative meets requirements and is effectively executed, with a focus on any dynamic creative approach.
- Analyse and develop tracking on the client’s digital properties to ensure effective user and conversion measurement takes place.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external teams to ensure all conventions and processes are accurately followed.
- Develop a good working relationship with the Technology and Data teams and be adaptable to support other client work where required.
- Build a relationship with the ad-server client team to troubleshoot and improve the technology where possible.
Client Account Management:
- Responsibility for developing relationships with our internal account teams.
- Can present information effectively via email, on client calls and in client meetings and workshops.
- Understands and demonstrates collaborative team working and citizenship.
Operating and Technical
- Be pro-active and willing to get stuck in.
- Have an excellent knowledge of the digital technology marketplace, whether from an agency, media owner or ad tech background.
- Effectively manage and prioritise workload, both in terms of day-to-day tasks and further projects, whilst assisting more junior members of the team in the same.
- Able to identify quickly any potential issues and discuss workable solutions with the Analysts, Senior Analysts and Management.
- Responds positively to requests for help or support.
- This team works alongside the Analytics team to ensure that all relevant information being captured can be included within our Data Dashboards.
- Actively leverage technology to deliver efficiencies, and provide Clients with relevant and timely information.
What you will need:
- At least 3 years’ experience in a digital technology, ad operations or similar role.
- In depth experience of trafficking and campaign management.
- A liking and aptitude for technology.
- Understanding of a variety of different digital channels.
- Strong knowledge of measurement tools and adservers (e.g Nielsen, DCM, Flashtalking)
- A keen eye for spotting issues and developing improvements where necessary.
- Good communicator
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal stakeholders
- Enthusiasm for learning
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, with a strong attention to detail and an aptitude for problem solving and process.
- Ability to juggle multiple campaigns at one time, ensuring activity is running smoothly
- Basic delegation skills
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Excellent numeracy skills.