Our client is a renowned game studio they currently have opportunities in games programing from entry level graduate positions up to candidates who have 4 years of experience.
General Overview of the position:
Design, implement and document code modules to the required standards and to the timescales agreed with the line manager.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Working from requirements delegated by line manager, develop a detailed specification to be agreed and signed off by line manager.
- Working with the agreed specification develop a schedule, in conjunction with Line Manager, for Implementation and Testing.
- Working to agreed specification and schedule, implement code to the required standards.
- Notify Line Manager of any changes arising in agreed specification and schedule.
- Ensure all code is produced in line with the projects agreed coding standards.
- Report progress to Line Manager and inform them of any implementation issues promptly.
- Test all code against specification to ensure it performs as required.
- Fix any bugs identified in owned code, either through own testing or by QA.
- Ensure all code is documented in line with relevant procedures.
- Ensure any software designed for use by a customer is fully documented in a use-able help file.
- 2.2 or above in a relevant degree (maths / physics / computer science / computer games technology)
- 3 A Levels
- Major high level language, preferably C or C++
- Computer architecture knowledge