A high profile AAA Game studio is looking for a talented Tools Developer to join the tools Team to help develop and support a wide variety of tools to make life easier for the talented developers. Working closely with Designers, Artists, Engineers, QA and Production, the team delivers tools and systems for automated testing, process support, data management, team co-ordination and more.
- Experienced in C++ - you’ve got experience in C++, and have contributed to published software.
- Problem Solver – you enjoy understanding and working with complex systems. You’re prepared to dive into unfamiliar code and learn new skills when necessary.
- User Interface – you have some experience building easy-to-use UIs, using HTML, Unreal Engine’s Slate, WinForms, WPF or a similar language.
- Practical - sometimes a rapid prototype is needed to quickly test an idea. Other times a mission-critical system needs detailed planning and consultation. You have an instinct for what level of engineering is needed, and you can work efficiently at any level.
- Great Communicator - you can talk about your work. You’ll be as comfortable specifying a task with designers and collaborating on a shared codebase with engineers as you are taking feedback from directors and producers.
WE'D BE ESPECIALLY IMPRESSED BY:
- Wide Range of Experience. Knowledge of relational and document-orientated databases, multi-threading, Unreal editor.
- Other Languages – if you know C#, Python, Lua, that would also be useful
YOU ALSO NEED TO BE:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Always striving for quality
- Creative and innovative