We’re seeking a world-class sound designer with veteran experience to lead the audio effort on a AAA first-person shooter coupled with a prestigious franchise. You’ll be working alongside the studio Audio Director to define the audio vision, aligning with the pillars of the game and working with the game team to see the project through to release.
- Audio Lead or project Audio Director, with extensive experience in industry and at least 2 complete cycles of shipped AAA titles in a lead capacity.
- Able to establish and direct the aesthetic of a project and communicate this effectively within the team as well as to external partners.
- Define the audio quality benchmarks on a project and inspire the team to achieve it.
- Develop and maintain audio roadmaps, schedules and capacity plans for the audio team in coordination with production and other departments.
- Demonstrate initiative and autonomy.
- Advanced Wwise user, experience with Unreal Engine and Reaper.
- Have experience performing and recording Foley and working with Foley providers.
- Experience mixing in 5.1 and 7.1 surround for games and linear media.
- Confident in organising and directing large-scale field recordings.
- Experience in tracklaying, mixing and mastering for trailers and cinematics.
- Able to direct and communicate effectively with music composers.
- Facilitates learning, growth and provides mentoring for the audio team.
- FPS, weapon design and multiplayer experience.
- Experience in producing dialogue pipelines, tools and playback systems.
- A basic understanding of technical audio skills and implementation.
- Experience with video editing tools such as Vegas and Premiere.
We are seeking a Senior Audio Designer with a strong track record/portfolio including previous successful AAA shipped titles and experience of managing a team of other Audio Designers / and Audio Department.
Have been Senior Audio Designer or significant experience in the games industry with at least 2 complete cycles of shipped AAA titles
Produce world class sound effects from the team’s original source recordings
Set the audio quality bar on all projects, define best working practises for the audio team
Have in-depth knowledge and experience with many types of microphones and recorders
Be able to organise and engineer large-scale field recording sessions with dozens of mics and multiple recorders
Have a good understanding of many types of music, ability to communicate with composers using music terminology and direct the composition of music
Work with script writers and voice providers to ensure all speech / dialogue in all projects is of high quality
Have experience with game audio middleware such as Wwise
Familiar with industry standard audio software such as Reaper and a wide variety of plugins
Be able to tracklay, mix and master linear media such as trailers and cinematics to high quality
Experience mixing in 5.1 and 7.1 surround for games and linear media
The proven ability to design cutting edge game audio tools to drive speech/sfx/music in innovative ways
Is competent with Unreal 4
Have experience performing and recording Foley, and working with Foley providers
Be able to foresee and mitigate potential technical audio issues, identify problems and quickly resolve them
Be able to oversee and manage a localisation pipeline
Provide mentoring for other members of the audio team
Experience with other game engines such as Cryengine and Unity
Keep up to date on industry standards and developments in sound production and mixing techniques in other fields such as film and music
A degree in music or sound design
A basic understanding of how code is written is a plus
Experience with video editing tools such as Vegas and Premiere