My client is a well-known, award winning AAA studio with a penchant for developing the highest quality action-adventure games for next gen consoles. I am on the lookout for a skilled Lead Animator with the aptitude and drive to rise up to the challenge of leading a team of talented world class Gameplay Animators.
The successful Lead Animator will be tasked with enforcing and informing the Animation Director’s vision of the project. You will be responsible for holding reviews, providing creative feedback to the animation team and leading by example. If you’re passionate about pushing the very boundaries of animation as we know it, this is the opportunity for you.
- Work collaboratively with the Animation Director to lead the gameplay animation teams to execute a world-class title.
- Manage the Gameplay Animation backlogs, bugs and risks in an effective manner, to ensure smooth running of the department throughout the project.
- Ensure effective management of outsourcers for gameplay Animation, including benchmarking and QC
- Meet strict production deadlines, with the flexibility to adapt and implement clear strategies for times of change.
- Be a point of contact for all communication in and out of gameplay Animation.
- Responsible for managing and developing the individuals within the Gameplay Animation team to ensure they are achieving the best results, are happy and set up to excel in the studio.
- Ability to interview and hire exceptional members of staff when staffing plans need addressing.
- Dedicate a portion of time throughout the milestones to produce content for the game
- UE4 Experience is extremely beneficial
- Solid working experience of Motion Builder is extremely advantageous.
- Meticulous working methods and well organised, including:
- Solid working knowledge of tracking and feedback software/tools such as Shotgun, Slack, OneNote, Trello etc.
- Good working knowledge of 3DSMax and Maya is desirable.
- Self-motivated to learn new techniques and methods.
- Natural leader, act as a role model and sustain morale, influence and motivation.
- Strong animation background.
- Having a keen interesting in developing and executing high quality Facial animation is advantageous.
- Joining a renowned, world-class AAA studio with a vibrant and inclusive, forward-facing culture
- Private family medical care
- Subsidised gym in the office complex
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Annual bonus scheme