Senior Network Design Consultant (Consultancy)
|Job Title:||Senior Network Design Consultant (Consultancy)|
|Salary:||£60000 - £70000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tony Reed|
|Job Published:||December 03, 2018 11:56|
The role will involve:
•Leading network design projects
•Understanding, capturing and developing clients network requirements
•Network design development (concept through to construction)
•Reviewing/approving other network designers work
•On-site Monitoring and witness testing of network deployments
•Contributing to developing knowledge and experience in networking
•Preparation of, and/or contributing to, fee proposals for new network design projects
• Projects will be both in the UK and abroad. The candidate must be willing to travel abroad when needed; this role does not require extended periods away.
Projects come from many markets, making for a varied and interesting profile. Clients include commercial and residential property developers, airport owners / operators, venue owners and operators and government bodies.
Skills/Experience required for the role
• Typically, circa 7 years’ practical experience in the design of networks and their installation; this could have been gained, for example, from either another consultancy or from a technical systems pre-sales environment, ideally in the Property and/or Aviation markets.
• A working knowledge of the following technologies: Routing / Switching; MPLS; Data Centre Networks; Network Management Systems; DNS / DHCP; WLAN; QOS; Firewalls
• An understanding/appreciation of cyber security, specifically network security devices and techniques and their impact on network design.
• Experience of installation, commissioning and on-site testing.
• Capable of writing of clear and concise reports and specifications in both technical and non-technical language, including preparation of easy to understand system diagrams and schematics.
To be considered for this position you will need to have a minimum of high end consultancy experience and be able to deliver on time. Due to the nature of the role you will have to undertake occasional overseas travel for short periods to visit both clients and projects. If you have this very defined skill set and experience then please send me your full CV that clearly shows the relevant needs as described above.
NO SPONSORSHIP IS ON OFFER YOU MUST BE IN THE UK AND WORKING HERE LEGALLY
LONDON HERTS HERTFORDSHIRE ESSEX KENT SURREY SUSSEX BEDS BEDFORDSHIRE BUCKS BUCKINGHAMSHIRE DESIGN NETWORK NETWORKS DESIGN SYSTEMS SOLUTION IcT
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Hardware Design Engineer
£50000 - £60000 per annum
Electrical Design Engineer/Manager - Lighting
£45000 - £55000 per annum
£25000 - £27000 per annum, Benefits: Plus overtime
Experienced Recruitment Consultant (AV or Digital)
£40-70k OTE (Up to 50% commission)
AV/VC SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
£55000 - £60000 per annum, Benefits: NATIONAL TRAVEL