- Lead a team, with industry wide renown in the creative vision for the project. Conduct regular reviews and manage the coding team to excellence.
- Work very closely with the Game Director to understand and establish the vision and evangelise this to the team.
- Be a role-model for the coders by emphasizing project and company goals, providing feedback on performance and mentoring.
- Train coders in the team. Be well aware of the ‘state of the art’ and assess new trends and emerging techniques.
- Be the point of contact for all player code work.
- Manage the player programmers, including regular one-on-ones.
- Manage player code schedule and bugs to minimise risk and ensure smooth running of the department.
- Oversee, advise and drive the whole player team to ensure quality results and efficient working practices.
- Implement player gameplay features to a high quality.
- Oversee all relevant documentation to the project.
- Proven track record as a team lead with experience on at least two successfully-published titles, participating in the development from concept to publishing stage.
- Experience working on player character’s control, traversal and camera mechanics are highly desirable.
- Expert understanding in C/C++.
- An advanced understanding of the main gaming platforms and the requirements needed to develop software on them.
- A good understanding of game technology principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Knowledge in mentoring, leading and managing an experienced team of programmers.
- Experience defining, designing, implementing, and supporting production process for creative software teams.
- Experience working in fast-moving development environments; needs to be flexible to cope with changing requirements.
- Strong passion for gaming is a must.
- Private family medical care
- Private dental care
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme
- Long-service holiday reward
- Brand new custom designed studio
- World class training speakers hosted on-site
- Access to multiple online training websites
- Monthly team meals/outings
- On-site subsidised Masseuse, Yoga & Life Drawing.
- Quarterly salary adjustment reviews
- Monthly 1on1s with your Line Manager
- Yearly Line Manager & Studio Peer Performance review process
- Subsidised gym in the office complex
- Staff only merchandise store
- State of the art office with the entire 140+ team in 1 open-plan room
- Free fruit, juices and soft drinks
- Childcare Vouchers Scheme
- National Rail Season Ticket Travel Loan
- Overseas Relocation Support
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Support Assistance Programme (Free personal counselling and guidance support)
- Finder’s Fee
- Free Eye Test & Discounted Glasses
- Free Seasonal Flu Jab