Creative Personnel are very proud to offer the amazing opportunity to work with one of the most illustrious studios in London. Our client have a dedicated team full of drive, passion and creativity. If you are someone who enjoys being part of a lively, self-motivated, forward thinking company then this is the perfect opportunity for you. In addition our client offers a whole host of benefits which include; Flexible office working hours, Beer & Wine fridge, Training Budgets, Private Healthcare and many more!
The perfect candidate will be an excellent communicator, who enjoys problems solving and is very open minded to new ideas. As a Lead Programmer you will be responsible for leading, developing, motivating and managing a team of programmers while collaborating with other teams on the project.
• Lead and manage a programming team at technical and personnel level.
• Mentor junior programmers in the team and plan their skill development.
• Determine the technical needs for the team to work on a project
• Evaluate the fitness of third party middleware in relation to projects
• Help in setting up best practices for coding and conduct regular code reviews.
• Setup a process to review the game on a regular interval during development cycle and identify areas of improvement.
• Encourage team to create a strong technical document on different development platforms/consoles.
• Setup processes while working in collaboration with other teams (internal or external) to efficiently meet the technical needs of the assigned project.
• Plan and evaluate the work performed by team and analyse the impact on the project.
• Identify risks and opportunities presented during the development of games, providing solutions to resolve potentially complex problems.
• Estimate time to complete programming tasks/objectives and be committed to meet them.
• Support the Producer in people management.
• Support the Technical Director in technology-related tasks.
• Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or the equivalent in experience.
• 5+ years of experience of programming in C# or C/C++
• 1+ years of relevant experience as a team lead
• 3+ years of relevant experience using the Unity engine, preferably on Mobile games.
• Worked at senior level or higher on at least one shipped title on mobile or console
• Very strong skills in C, C++ and Object Oriented Programming.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Familiarity with performance bottlenecks and ways to resolve them, multi-threading, OS concepts, System programming, Optimization, etc.…
• Very strong debugging skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong reporting and documentation skills.
• Problem solving and open minded.
• Flexibility and ability to adapt new technical changes as per project need.
• Advanced understanding of the challenges multiplatform development brings.
• Familiarity with source control, preferably Perforce
• Preferably worked on any game console or iOS/Android
• Knowledge of OpenGL, DirectX and Physics Engine.
• Knowledge of Networking API or AWS
• Experience of Android java or iOS objective-c development
• Strong command of 3D maths and physics
• Experience writing shaders
• Experience of developing mobile games and understanding of Live Ops requirements