How would you feel about collaborating with the most experienced AAA visionaries to produce a groundbreaking project? This amazing studio is currently searching for a Technical Lead Artist for their AAA Open-world game. The ideal Lead Technical Artist will be the bridge between artists and engineers who ensures an efficient art pipeline and optimized game. Several years of experience and one of more shipped titles on PC or Console will be required as testament to your Technical capabilities. This studio is one of the most dynamic, creative and daring in the industry. The games they have worked on are recognised worldwide and have continued to shift the very metric for the AAA Landscape. This is an opportunity you can’t pass up!
- Manage the Technical Art team and processes, hire and evaluate candidates.
- Work closely with Art Director, artists, and engineers to carry out the technical and aesthetic vision for the game
- Shape, develop and evolve the studio’s art pipelines, including tools, both outside and within the game engine.
- Design smart assets, procedural and highly reusable systems to automate world building
- Structure the game’s art content, notably the folder structure and naming conventions
- Define various “budgets” for the art content to ensure performance of the game
- Mentor other team members, providing guidance and creative feedback
- Responsible for on-time and on-target quality delivery of all Technical Art assets
- 5+ years console or PC game development experience on products demonstrating a high visual bar, with one or more shipped titles in Unreal Engine 4, in a technical role.
- Technical experience across multiple art disciplines including procedural generation of environment, shaders and PBR material creation, animation and rigging.
- High level of proficiency with 2D and 3D art tools including, but not limited to: Maya, ZBrush, Houdini, Substance Designer/Painter, World Machine, and other state of the art DCC tools.
- Experience with node based visual scripting languages.
- Experience with python scripting and tools for art asset pipelines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and debugging abilities.
- Strong English and communication skills, comfortable working with multi-disciplinary and/or remote teams.