Lead Technology Programmer (Console)
|Job Title:||Lead Technology Programmer (Console)|
|Salary:||£40000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: Bonus , Pension , Private Health Insurance, 25 days holiday, Flexi-time,|
|Contact Name:||Robin Stallick|
|Job Published:||October 16, 2018 12:09|
Our client is a fast growing and successful independent games studio that have developed numerous high profile titles. This represents a great opportunity to join them during a strong period of growth and help contribute to the development of the company.
They currently looking for a talented and experienced senior lead technology programmer to join the organisation. You’ll be fluent in C++, have exceptional maths skills and be well versed in low level libraries on PlayStation and/or Xbox platforms. You’ll be working in a wide variety of engine related areas, including abstracting low level APIs and writing new state of the art systems, you’ll also be developing tools and working with other members of the team to ensure they remain at the cutting edge with regards to their engine technology. You’ll possess excellent communication skills and, ideally, have previous experience leading a team of programmers.
• Developing and enhancing various components of their proprietary engine and associated tools.
• Writing and optimising low level engine code.
• Assisting with performance tuning and ensuring they maintain target frame rates on all platforms.
• Managing and supporting a small team of programmers.
• Collaborating effectively with all areas of the business.
• You should be fluent in C++ and possess a solid grasp of advanced principles such as template meta-programming.
• You should have a solid grasp of at least one low level graphics API.
• Exceptional maths skills required.
• Excellent communication skills and proven ability to work within a team.
• Must have experience writing low level engine code on at least one current/next gen console.
• Very logical thinker.
• You’ll have at least two published console titles, and will have taken a senior role in the development of proprietary engine code.
• Previous experience of managing a team is a bonus
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's