- Maintain and develop software for other departments.
- Maintain and develop automatic test suites for checking the quality of released tool chains.
- Develop release and distribution mechanisms allowing Art and Design Leads the control they want for handling the distribution of new tools technology.
- Assist with general game system code and server tool support.
- Minimise platform specific or special case code.
- Maximise re-use of code.
- Ensure that code is designed and written to be robust and stable with minimal bugs
- Ensure that code builds and any problems are resolved prior to committing.
- Contributing to the ongoing development of tools-related technologies.
- Identify poorly coded / implemented systems and restructure existing code to make it more efficient.
- Debugging difficult problems.
- Support Lead Programmer in supplying cover where required.
- Assume responsibility for systems and be able to resolve problems when required.
- Identify deficiencies across systems maintained by the team.
- Assist Lead Programmer in designing architecture.
- Undertake relevant on-the-job training where required and keep up to date with industry advancements and technologies.
- Provide coaching to Senior Programmers, Programmers and Junior Programmers where appropriate and with direction from the Lead Programmer.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Computer Science, Maths or related subject.
- Fluent in C++ and object oriented programming.
- Knowledge of C#/WPF.
- Sound knowledge of 3D maths.
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects / tasks.
- Ability to think creatively to solve coding problems.
- Flexible approach with the ability to adapt with change.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.