A heavyweight in the gaming Industry and prominent AAA studio is looking for a highly experienced and talented Lead UI programmer to join its family. By using your significant experience and knowledge you will personally help shape all aspects of the AAA titles UI features. You will work closely with their Technical Director and manage and nurture a growing team of coders to ensure their vision is created with quality. Leading by example you will help push the boundaries of gameplay and UI coding for video games.
- Lead a team, with industry wide renown in the creative vision for the project. Personally manage and review all aspects of the UI coding team to ensure excellence.
- Working closely with the Technical Director, together you will establish and realise their vision and evangelise this to the team.
- Be a role-model for the coders by emphasizing project and company goals, providing feedback on performance and mentoring.
- Train and develop coders in the team. Be well aware of the ‘state of the art’ and assess new trends and emerging techniques.
- As the point of contact for all UI code work you will communicate across the business to ensure effective collaboration between the teams.
- Manage the UI programmers, including regular one-on-ones.
- Manage the UI code schedule and bugs to minimise risk and ensure smooth running of the department.
- Oversee, advice and drive the whole UI team to ensure quality results and efficient working practices.
- Implement UI features to a high quality
- Oversee all relevant documentation to the project.
- Work closely with the production team to create and enforce schedules for UI code team.
Experience & Qualifications
- Proven track record as a Lead Programmer or a Senior UI Programmer on at least two successfully-published titles, participating in the development from concept to publishing stage.
- Expertise with various established UI frameworks and development tools will be a significant advantage.
- Advanced understanding in C/C++.
- An advanced understanding of the main gaming platforms and the requirements needed to develop software on them.
- A good understanding of computer graphics and game technology principles.
- A demonstrable willingness to develop software engineering process and game production skills.
- Experience defining, designing, implementing, and supporting production process for creative software teams.
- Ability to work with outsourcing partners effectively, providing regular and clear feedback to support the project.
- Experience working in fast-moving development environments; the ability to alter course during the journey.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Knowledge in mentoring, leading and managing an experienced team of programmers.
- Strong passion for gaming is a must.
- Being a cutting edge studio well regarded in the industry you will build strong personal and professional relationships with some of the industry’s top talent. You will have access to a multitude of training programs to ensure you are constantly refining and improving your craft. In addition they offer an assemble of excellent benefits such as private family medical care, private dental, an on-site subsidised masseuse and parking and overseas relocation support to name a few.