The studio in question are looking to add a Level Designer to their already established team, to come in and hit the ground running and progress in their career!
If you want to find out more then, give the job spec below a read, and if you think to yourself, 'Oh that sounds like me!'- then get your CV across to me now...What are you waiting for!
- Collaborate with all departments in the team to create innovative and memorable levels;
- Understand the role of narrative in creating immersive experiences for discerning players;
- Drive the vision of your levels through all stages of the development, from initial design brief through to final shipped product;
- Plan, execute, and refine your levels from high-level concept to low-level scripting;
- Use player-feedback and design direction to hone the gameplay experience.
Skills Experience and QualificationsEssential skills and experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Worked on at least one title as a level designer;
- Good understanding of scripting and game logic;
- Experience in scripting/level building in one or more current generation engines (UE4, Unity, CryEngine, etc.);
- An understanding of learning curves, pacing, and player motivations;
- An ability to weave narrative themes with core mechanics to build rewarding gameplay;
- An ability to propose creative solutions to complex level design problems;
- An in-depth knowledge of current games and gaming trends;
- A passion for making great games.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Knowledge of UE4 Blueprint Scripting;
- Experience in 3D modelling (3DS Max, Maya);
- Experience in designing levels for story-driven FPS.