Lighting Artist- SC-FI AAA Studio - £32,000+
|Job Title:||Lighting Artist- SC-FI AAA Studio - £32,000+|
|Salary:||£32000 - £40000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Nick Justice|
|Job Published:||June 30, 2017 12:28|
You will work in a cooperative, cross-disciplinary team environment, possessing solid artistic skills, including a thorough understanding of color theory, composition, light, and form.
You should have experience with a 3D CG package, demonstrating a solid understanding of rendering, lighting, shading networks, polygonal modeling, and texture UV’s.
If this is a job for you then get your CV into my inbox!
• Involved in look-development around key surfaces and shaders to ensure lighting delivers against visual reference
• Creating both the exterior and interior lighting within environments and cut scenes.
• Placing and adjustment of light sources within the environment.
• Tweaking of shading materials and textures to improve the perception of the lighting.
• Post processing; color grading, exposure, SSAO, bloom, tone mapping curves etc.
• Contributing to the development and placement of special effects related to lighting and atmosphere, such as light flares, fog, god rays and camera optics.
• Prototyping the use of lighting technology to reach the visual targets defined by the art direction.
• International travel may be required as part of the role.
Experience & Skills:
• Deep understanding of CG lighting technology, both real-time and software rendering.
• Strong sense of lighting theory; color space, exposure, light fixtures, natural light, reflections etc.
• Good understanding of cinematography and dramaturgy; the use of camera technology, scene blocking and lighting to set the mood.
• Good understanding and experience with physical based lighting system
• Being pro-active in the use of lighting as a powerful tool in gameplay clarity. For example; to guide the player forward, highlight objectives and enemies.
• An ability to thoroughly digest the art direction and be a champion for executing it in the game.
• Skilled at balancing visual quality against performance requirements.
• Thorough knowledge of the game development process.
• Working knowledge of Maya, and/or other commercial 3D authoring packages.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Game Designer AAA Studio
£35000 - £50000 per annum
Environment Artist - Top AAA Studio
£40000 - £55000 per annum
Technical Artist - Top AAA Games Studio
Senior Gameplay Programmer - AAA Project - World Class Studio
£50000 - £65000 per annum
Senior Level Designer - World Class AAA Studio
£150 - £175 per day