Reporting to the Head of Media Client Services, our Media Account Managers take responsibility for the delivery (planning & buying) and retention of a designated portfolio of Media clients.
The Media and Comms team is split into four pillars, client service, implementation, data and insight and strategy. Your role will sit within the client service pillar; working closely with the Head of Media Client Services, you will advise clients on the whole media mix for recruiting particular vacancies or promoting educational courses both in the UK and in various international markets. You will have the gravitas to excite and inform clients about media solutions across different platforms and media channels alongside the knowledge and experience to ensure they perform.
As with any industry the level of understanding amongst our clients can vary quite significantly. With some less experienced clients we often need to highlight options and solutions available to them which they may not have considered, whilst focusing on always helping them to achieve their objective.
Like any industry we need to stay at the cutting edge to compete in this marketplace and to grow our business. Innovation in all its definitions is a key criteria that we are looking for and we expect this role to challenge the way we work and the services we offer. A good understanding of industry trends and the key platforms is essential.
Finally, you will need the ability to think laterally, make logical decisions and be prepared to work in an environment where not all of the answers are known. Self-motivation, experience and the ability to work well with others will make you the ideal candidate.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Media Planning and Buying
- Media Advice and Rationales
- Media Strategy
Your role will involve:
- Meeting with clients to discuss media opportunities and present back media rationales
- Campaign analysis and reporting – and presenting this back in a visual format (usually PowerPoint) to the client
- Work with search, analysis, account handlers, creative, digital, production and other delivery teams to ensure work is completed to deadline and client satisfaction.
- Working with a designated portfolio of clients taking the lead. You will keep in regular contact with your clients and be the point of contact for media related activity.
- Project managing your own campaigns – working alongside biddable media consultants and analysts.
- Maintain a depth of knowledge about the range of media options available – above-the-line and below-the-line - and the tools available for planning successful campaigns (nationally as well as international)
- Building relationships with media suppliers. You will keep an eye on innovation at all times, including developments in new technology and mobile solutions.
- Ability to take and give briefs
- Presentation skills
- Demonstrable excellence in customer service
- Good command of written and spoken English and in particular you should understand and be able to advise clients/mentor the team on grammar, punctuation and syntax.
- Computer aptitude and keyboard skills