UK & International
This is a unique hybrid UK and International Media Planning role:
50% of the role is Planning across all channels in conjunction with specialists (TV, Digital, OOH, Print & Radio) in the UK
50% will be spent supporting the European team including:
• Campaign Support / European Requests – collate local plans (all media types) and provide recommendations & support for EU-wide media activity.
• Best Practice Sharing – across markets and learning to avoid “reinventing the wheel”.
• Data Aggregation – create/review reporting templates for consistent and accurate global data collection (annual OP budgeting process, competitive requests, etc.) in conjunction with the EU Hub campaign support both locally and EU-wide; best practice sharing across markets; data aggregation; and global campaign management.
• Global Campaign Management – supporting the team in handling multi-market strategy and plan deliverables for the global client when launching global campaigns.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Able to take a simple brief independently and develop a response which incorporates clear targeting and strategic channel planning based on insights, research and data. Interrogate and question elements of the brief when necessary.
- Ownership of the plans, ensuring they are up to date and accurate
- Knowledge and relevant application of research available (i.e. TGI, IPA Touchpoints, Nielsen, Google, plus bespoke tools)
- Keep up to date with media marketplace in order to educate clients on the changing media landscape and the opportunities arising as a result.
- Ability to interrogate and analyse research reports to draw conclusions and insights.
- Where necessary you will get involved with new business pitches and creative solutions brainstorms.
- Attention to detail when producing documents is of high importance, both yourself and overseeing those of the planners on the team.
- Ensure all administration is up to date, accurate and all internal/external deadlines are met.
- Oversee weekly internal and external reporting where necessary.
- Develop strong relationships with media owners, creative agencies, and ad-servers to ensure best in class delivery, as well as solutions, across platform.
- Ensuring high quality Post Campaign Reports are delivered to the client in a timely fashion across Europe.
- Oversee digital campaign set up and trafficking requirements.
- Coaching and developing two planners within team
- Develop effective working relationships with activation teams.
- Day to day liaison between client and agency
- Ability to adapt quickly in order to support the team from one challenge to the next.
- International experience, particularly European coordination, is highly desirable. Someone with broad TV experience would work particularly well in this role.
- Friendly, enthusiastic and approachable manner is a must.
- Ability to plan across all media. Digital experience is key, as is past experience in the Entertainment sector.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office tools – Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of tools such as DDS, DoubleClick, TGI, comScore, and Addynamix.
- Passion and curiosity for understanding the audience and brands of our client.
- Confident communicator, and contributor in meetings.
- Ability to work successfully within a team, understanding different points of view, handling multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines under pressure
- Soft skills: attentiveness, detail oriented, excellent communication ability.
50% of the role is Planning across all channels in conjunction with specialists (TV, Digital, OOH, Print & Radio) for Amazon in the UK across a variety of brands including; Amazon Student, Kindle Unlimited, and Amazon Web Services.
The other 50% will be spent supporting the Head of Rufus Europe, based in Hamburg, across all parts of the Amazon business including Retail & Devices, Prime Video, and Amazon Music in the following areas: