About the company
This company specialises in audiovisual equipment rental and AV services. They have one of the UK's largest equipment warehouses for the hire of video projectors, sound equipment, display technology, stage sets and lighting.
They provide expertise for any type of live event: from seminars, product launches and exhibitions, to West End theatrical productions and television shows. Their four specialist divisions operate nationwide from offices in London and Manchester.
They also offer high-resolution videographics software for widescreen projections, as well as stage sets and lighting for corporate events.
As a Moving Light Technician you will need to understand the technology and operational mechanisms behind moving lights including ROBE, Martin, Clay Paky and Vera*lite. At times you may be faced with challenges so you would need to be resilient, a great communicator and adapt to any last minute changes. Demonstrating strong technical and operational skills by carrying out PAT tests, prepping and maintaining equipment for hire including lamp checks, testing, software updates and barcode scanning. You will also need to ensure that all equipment is within the test period with test certificates applied.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Knowledge of moving lights and LED products
- Understanding suppliers and trends within the industry
- Have basic knowledge in fault finding and repairs
- Problem solving skills, be adaptable and flexible
- Great communication skills both written and verbal
- The ability to work paid overtime from time to time as well as some weekends.
- Maintaining and preparing equipment for hire, including, cleaning, lamp checks, testing and software updates
- You’ll get the chance to work with the latest technology as well as a remarkable events team
- The opportunity to grow and develop your skills
- You’ll be working with highly experienced lighting designers on global events
- You will also be taken care of with private healthcare insurance, a pension scheme and a company gym!
If this role sounds like it could be you then please contact Sarah on 0203 216 2555!
NO SPONSORSHIP IS ON OFFER YOU MUST BE IN THE UK / COMING TO THE UK TO BE CONSIDERED OR HAVE THE APPROPRIATE WORKING VISA
LIGHTING TECHNICIAN, LED, CLAY PAKY, ROBE, LIGHTING, LIGHTS, STROBE, PAT TESTING, VARI*LITE, MARTING, MOVING LIGHTS, LIGHTING FIXTURES