As a member of the Multiplayer team you will contribute to design and implement the network/multiplayer stack and for the games that need to support multiplayer for millions of fans.
Your team will be responsible for the development of the network layer and you will work closely with the engine team to co-develop the object replication layer, collaborate with the AI/gameplay team to define and implement network aware features, workflows and setups and share responsibility with the online team to create, run and monitor our game-servers and backend infrastructure.
- Solid knowledge of C/C++
- Participated in development of at least 1 shipped multiplayer game
- Solid knowledge of network protocols, major APIs and libraries
- Solid knowledge of some of the main multiplayer related technologies: firewall traversal, data compression and encryption, distributed algorithms, mesh topologies, objects replication, prediction models and latency compensation, anti-cheating
- Bachelor in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent title
- Console experience (Xbox One and PS4)
- Experiences with creating custom tools with C#/.NET
- Cross-site working experience
- Master/PhD degree in Computer Science or related fields
Imagine working at a second home! The team meet in the morning and share breakfast, eat lunch together and party together. On Fridays they open up the bar and occasionally they dig into their pet projects or attend presentations from colleagues or external experts on everything game related.
Around Christmas, they welcome the actual family! The studio is filled with all of their kids making ginger bread houses and paper cuttings. In the summertime there are often football games, or if you prefer, a monthly board game night where you can go totally analogue.
…and work takes place in between.