This role will not work in isolation, but instead ensure seamless integration across all other Digital channels including SEO, Display, Social and Programmatic teams to deliver successfully against the clients performance objectives. This requires a candidate that is able to clearly identify and communicate key insights, search industry opportunities and collaborate these with other channel teams across the agency.
This role requires strong client management skills, team management experience (managing a team of Execs, AMs & Apprentices), analytical expertise, excellent communication skills, and the ability to be a mentor on all things PPC for all direct reports within the PPC team as well as peers across the agency.
Reporting directly into the Head of PPC, the Account Director must be motivated & have a desire to be a leading figure within both the PPC team & the wider agency.
The ideal candidate will come from an agency background, with a thorough understanding and proven experience in running and managing million pound PPC campaign budgets across all the major PPC platforms. Experience with DoubleClick bid management platforms is essential, as well as experience with using Google Analytics to inform and strategically plan search campaigns.
- Experience leading a team within an agency environment
- Excellent knowledge of overall online marketing mix particularly search (PPC & SEO) but also includes affiliates, display, social media & mobile marketing.
- Ability to work independently as well as lead a team through mentorship and example.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office solutions – particularly Excel & Powerpoint
- In-depth experience and understanding of PPC across all key suppliers
- Web Analytics understanding, particularly Google Analytics
- Own the overall Search strategy across relevant assigned account including the overall responsibility and accountability for meeting clients’ KPI’s and deliverables
- Responsible for ensuring that all activity is optimised effectively to meet client targets, utilising relevant search management tools, analytics platforms and relevant ad serving technologies.
- Responsible for creating, developing and ensuring implementation of appropriate search strategies, testing/development roadmaps and innovation to improve paid search account performance
- Manage and support team members to effectively manage campaigns, troubleshoot problems and maximise performance.