This would particularly suit someone within the games industry looking to take the next step or someone outside the industry who likes the idea and challenge of working within the game industry.
The games studio love to give team members a degree of freedom over their work, and you will need to be self motivated, hard working and reliable, happy to work within a team or individually, enjoy responsibility and have the ability to take the initiative and go beyond the brief where needed.
As part of the team you will be designing, building and maintaining HTTP API servers and associated websites to support the running of online features.
- Strong knowledge of PHP.
- Good understanding of HTTP APIs (e.g. REST, XMLRPC) and their scalability and security considerations.
- Ability to design robust relational database schemas and query them efficiently using MySQL.
- Understanding of SVN and Git workflows.
- Experience with the Laravel PHP framework.
- Experience with the jQuery, React and/or Ember JS libraries.
- Familiarity with administering server infrastructure with AWS.
- Proficiency with the Linux command-line.
- Familiarity with infrastructure-as-code specification languages, and Puppet in particular.
Candidates will be asked some technical questions during their interview to check their experience, knowledge and skill level.
Above all, this is a chance to work with a small, fun, dynamic, social team who happen to be awesome programmers. The studio offer a creative and flexible working environment that allows its employees the freedom and opportunities to maximise their talent.