You’ll lead a team of Account managers, developing and coaching them to be high performing individuals that excel in their roles.
What you’ll be doing day to day:
- You’ll be running the day to day management of some of our largest clients focusing on growth and retention
- Acting as the senior point of contact on all client accounts within your portfolio
- Working on Account Plans and Personal Development Plans with your team, coaching for the very best performance
- Working closely with strategy leads to deliver industry leading digital marketing strategies
- Building relationships with potential new clients and leading new business pitches in addition to leading growth opportunities for your portfolio of clients
- Reporting on the commercial position of your portfolio to the rest of the business
- Great commercial and strategic skills to ensure your portfolio is profitable, efficient and mutually successful for both the agency and the clients
- Honed diplomacy and negotiation skills for use when dealing with difficult situations
- Autonomous, you can prioritise and balance a busy schedule
- A role model with proven management & leadership skills
- Working knowledge of digital marketing particularly those in the agency's portfolio
- An active listener, able to effectively question and challenge to achieve clarity and direction
Strengths are an important indicator that you’ll enjoy and excel in the role. (From Gallup: Strengths Finder). they don’t expect our Account Directors to have all of these strengths.
Achiever – you are passionate and driven to achieve something every day. You’re high energy and are always ready for a new challenge.
Activator – you know only action can make things happen and leads to performance. You see action as the best way of learning. You make a decision, you take action, your look at the result and you learn.
Arranger – you’re a conductor. When faced with a complex situation, you enjoy managing all of the variables. You’re a shining example of effective flexibility, and always finding a better way, at your best in dynamic situations.
Command – command leads you to take charge. You find no discomfort in sharing your opinion with others. Once your goal is set, you feel restless until you have aligned others with you. You challenge people to be clear-eyed and honest.
Individualization – you instinctively observe each person’s style, motivation, how people think and how they build relationships. Because you’re a keen observer of people’s strengths, you can draw out the best in people, which helps you build productive teams.
Positivity – you are generous with praise, quick to smile, and always on the lookout for the positive in a situation. People want to be around you. Their world looks better because your enthusiasm is contagious.