The PPC Account Director is responsible for planning, managing and delivery all aspects of all Search campaigns for one of the agency’s key accounts. This role will not work in isolation, but instead ensure seamless integration across all other Digital channels to deliver successfully against the clients objectives. This requires a candidate that is able to clearly identify and communicate key insights, search industry opportunities and collaborate these with other channel teams.
The ideal candidate will come from an agency background, with a thorough understanding and proven experience in running and managing million pound PPC campaign budgets across all the major PPC platforms. Experience with either Marin or Doubleclick bid management platforms is essential; as well as experience with using Google Analytics to inform and strategically plan search campaigns. Experience running retail campaigns with a strong focus on Google Shopping campaigns will be an advantage.
This role requires strong client management skills, team management experience, analytical expertise, excellent communication skills, and the ability to be a mentor on all things PPC for all direct reports within the PPC team.
- Own the PPC campaign strategy for one of the agency’s key accounts
- Ensure all search and media activity is being optimised effectively to meet targets, utilising relevant search management, analytics and ad serving technologies
- Responsible for developing appropriate search strategies, testing roadmaps and innovation to improve paid search account performance
- Be the clients ‘go to’ person for all things strategy related
- Work with internal teams & departments to understand business impact, performance & target
- Manage and inspire team of account managers and account executives to deliver effective results for clients.
- Take ownership of briefs from strategy to delivery to ensure objectives are achieved
- Drive optimization roadmap to performance improvements on all accounts
- Experience leading a team within an agency environment
- Understanding of both UK & International PPC landscapes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office solutions – particularly Excel & Powerpoint
- In-depth experience and understanding of PPC across all key suppliers
- Web Analytics understanding, particularly Google Analytics
- Extensive knowledge & experience working with campaign & bid management software, in particular Marin
- Strong analytical thinking, mathematical skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Experience leading client meetings