The role will be split into three parts:
- The first, Line Management of a team of 2-4. You will be managing both Paid Media Managers, who will be responsible for 1-3 Analysts/Executives and their accounts, delivering the best performance from the highest level of strategic development, delivery and account servicing. Additionally, you will be expected to provide training, mentoring and ensure they are motivated at all times. In addition to the Paid Media Managers, you will also have 2-3 Senior Analysts, Analysts and Executives reporting directly into you, meaning that you will be responsible for leading and overseeing their client strategies and performance, but also coaching and developing those individuals, and ensuring they are motivated at all times. You will be responsible for developing the Senior Paid Media Analysts into a Paid Media Managers, streamlining your overall structure of your team, whereby you’ll eventually only manage Paid Media Managers.
- The second component falls under, Client Strategy Development, whereby you will be leading and developing the Paid Media marketing strategy for your accounts, driving growth and maximising you clients’ digital performance. Although, you’re mainly responsible for Paid Search, Shopping and Paid Social, you do have the flexibility to introduce other biddable channels, i.e. programmatic display, video, native etc. into the mix, and support the other specialist teams in delivering the strategy. To achieve the above, you will also provide strategy support and guidance to your direct reports and clients as well.
- The third and final component, is about Channel Development, in which you will identify new and emerging opportunities for the department including (but not limited to) technology partners and new sub-channels. Work with the Head of Search, Head of Display and Director of Paid Media to assess the opportunity and roll out to the department if relevant and essential to growth. You will take the lead in the training and development of the new initiative, and champion across external departments, i.e. Client Services, SEO etc.
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent experience in the digital marketing sector
- Advanced Excel knowledge and skills
- 1-2 years’ experience in people’s management and development
- Previous experience in a similar role (Agency or client-side) for a minimum of two years.
- Smart & passionate about digital
- Inquisitive by nature, excited about the possibilities ahead and a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Comfortable with new technology
- Self-driven & able to work well as part of a team
- You will be a smart, motivated and results-driven analytical individual with the ability to multi-task and work well with a team.
- You must be able to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment along with the ability to accept interruptions as part of the routine.
- Excellent attention to detail, especially when employing individual processes and procedures.
- A willingness to constructively challenge colleagues, other agencies and clients alike
- You should be customer focus with the ability to explore and understand customer needs.