Our Client is an a ward winning highly regarded game studio who is actively recruiting for a principle multiplayer Designer to join the team due to growth, As a Principle Multiplayer Designer you will take responsibility for producing game design documents and communicating those designs to the team. You will be involved in every aspect of the design and production process, you will need to have recent Multiplayer Design experience to be considered for the role.
This is a very hands-on role where you’ll be editing scripts and setting variables to decide and iterate on the behaviours of game objects. You will need to distil the vision of the Game Director, the feedback from the team, feedback from players in users tests and the live service and any analytics data down into meaningful changes to the numbers beneath the hood of the game.
You will be an experienced and passionate individual who takes your career in game design seriously, and are regarded as one of the best in your field. You’re ambitious to see your designs played and enjoyed by millions of people. You will need to be extremely creative, but also able to apply logic and analytical thought to the medium. You will also be able to communicate your ideas well both verbally and in writing, and take pride in seeing your ideas come to fruition over the development process. With a deep understanding of game mechanics you’ll be adept at using creating, refining and testing the underlying core gameplay systems. A self-starter, you will be able to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Working on optimising monetisation mechanics and driving membership conversion.
- Reviewing key performance indicators and trends of their online games.
- Planning and executing live events, sales and promotional offers.
- Analysing monetisation strategies of competitive games.
- Interpret the Game Director’s creative vision and Senior Management’s product strategy into everyday project development.
- Create and maintain high quality documentation.
Core Skills & Experience
- Extensive experience within the games industry as a game designer, particularly MMO and/or free-to-play.
- A deep understanding of monetisation techniques and best practice within games.
- Very strong verbal, visual and written communication skills.
- Willingness to work with a Game Director to translate their vision into in-game content.
- Creative thinker, able to come up with ideas that solve problems in simple and elegant ways that put the player first.
- Demonstrable experience working with gameplay data to produce balanced, fun systems.
- Understanding of the commercial requirements of a product with the ability to communicate the business case as well as the player experience.
- Demonstrate a passion for games and game design as a career.
- Able to multi-task, prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Details-orientated, quality-focused and player-centric.
- Ability to work independently as well part of a team.