About the company
This company specialises in audiovisual equipment rental and AV services. They have one of the UK's largest equipment warehouses for the hire of video projectors, sound equipment, display technology, stage sets and lighting.
They provide expertise for any type of live event: from seminars, product launches and exhibitions, to West End theatrical productions and television shows. Their four specialist divisions operate nationwide from offices in London and Manchester. They also offer high-resolution videographics software for widescreen projections, as well as stage sets and lighting for corporate events.
You will have a good understanding of construction and carpentry terms and methods, confident in using CAD and also have a strong background in Health & Safety Standards. As a Set & Stage Manager you will need to ensure that projects are correctly specified on the company’s internal system. The main part of your role will be to assist the Head of Set with daily processes of scenic projects alongside the Project Coordinator. Being organised and using your initiative are key elements for this role. You
The successful Set & Staging Project Manager will need to:
- Take accurate Set & Stage information in order to carry out projects to the company’s standards.
- Have a high level of Health & Safety standards.
- Must have experience on workshop and onsite carpentry
- Very skilled in power tools & workshop machinery experience
- Have experience in AutoCAD
- Provide accurate construction briefings with other members of your team
- Have computer based estimating experience
- Good understanding of Architectural and Design styles.
- Must be able to prepare, read and carry out detailed drawings and project specifications
- Experience in all aspects to Construction Estimating
- Knowledge of R2 rental system
- Previous labour planning or scheduling experience
- Must have a natural flair to solving construction design problems
- GCSE Maths and English A-C (or equivalent)
NO SPONSORSHIP IS ON OFFER YOU MUST BE IN THE UK / COMING TO THE UK TO BE CONSIDERED OR HAVE THE APPROPRIATE WORKING VISA