Our Client is DR Studios who have been making games for 505 games. They are currently working on a large scale Sci-Fi shooter for console and PC. DR Studios has been established for over 20 years bringing out projects on console and mobile. They are looking to expand the team for the current project hoping to bring on top-talent to take the game to the next level.
We are looking for a Generalist Programmer to work across a wide range of systems, including gameplay, graphics and UI. If you love working in the Unreal engine and have a passion for multiplayer games, this will be a fantastic fit. You will already know the intricacies inherent in large FPS titles, and you will be eager to jump aboard and immediately start contributing.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Drive development in a variety of systems such as procedural mission elements, UI implementation, content creation tools, and character controllers.
- Work closely with designers and other content creators to create/improve gameplay systems.
- Implementation of software in C++ and other languages.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Continually expand knowledge of new game technologies and systems.
- Creating systems that support art-swap efforts later in the dev cycle.
- Work on a cross-platform codebase that includes the major consoles.
Essential experience to be considered for this role:
- Shipped at least one UE4 based game.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with Unreal Engine.
- A passion for making and playing games with an eye for detail and feel for good gameplay.
Additional skills & experience we’re looking for:
- Experience with implementing UI behaviours.
- Experience implementing a wide range of UE4 systems.
- Experience developing for PS4 & Xbox One.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
- 5 years software engineering experience.
- You have enjoyed working with remote partners.
- Strong C++ skills.
- Know where Blueprints are great, and where is needs to be in C++.
- Relentlessly optimistic attitude.
- Constructively voices ideas and opinions to the team.
- Really understands how communication is most valuable.
- Finds cross-discipline collaboration to be energizing and stimulating.
- Coaches less-experienced engineers to assist them in skill development.