Our client is a Highly Regarded and worldwide Recognised independent Developer, they are looking for Senior and Lead Gameplay programmers to join the organisation in Canada, Sponsorship is available.
There first title has a solid fan base with millions of active users and they are currently working on their highly anticipated sequel, due this they are needing to hire more great creative developers to join the organisation.
This is a great studio to work for highly creative, and fast paced if you come up with a good idea it can be implemented quickly in the game, Programmers do play a strong part into the design process.
As a Senior or a Lead Game Programmer, you will be responsible for a wide range of tasks and should expect a variety of challenges to tackle across various areas of the game. This will include the implementation of new features as well as debugging and optimizing existing ones. In addition, the role requires excellent communication skills as you will be collaborating closely with team members from other departments.
The ideal candidate would have a keen interest in participating in the design process. This person would play a significant role in getting features from paper to the player by working collaboratively with design, art, and QA departments. They must be a team player, willing to help others identify problems and seek creative solutions.
- At least 5 years of professional video game programming experience
- C++ proficiency
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- A high degree of self-motivation and initiative-taking
- An understanding and passion for video games
- Predilection and the ability to take on research and self-education
- Have, or are pursuing, a B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, or an equivalent degree
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience developing AAA titles on multiple platforms
- Experience with game optimization
- Experience with debugging optimized x86 executables
- 4 weeks Paid vacation
- A no crunching policy
- Relocation assistance
- Flexible schedule
- Weekly happy hour
- Healthcare & benefits