Our client is the studio behind some of the most popular mobile titles in the world like they do things differently here: they work in small self-managing teams, enabling you to have an incredible amount of ownership, autonomy and impact. They never ask you to abandon your craft and just focus on managing others or workload. Everyone is expected to have a razor-sharp focus on what creates tangible impact: impact on their team, impact on their work environment and impact on the overall company strategy. If you are motivated by autonomy, constant improvement, collaboration and the sense of belonging this is the right job for you.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will fulfill a cross-functional role, building and sustaining a robust data culture across the company. Utilizing your in-depth understanding of statistics, management of our data flow, game monetization models/KPIs and a variety of technical tools, you will work with everyone, from game designers and developers, to game artists and marketing gurus, to ensure that data is at the center of everything they do.
You'll be joining an accomplished team of game and marketing analysts, as well as game developers and designers, who have a real passion for data informed decisions. In this role, you would be the forward-thinking authority that brings together our dynamic skills and perspectives for even better games, and better player experiences.
What will I do day-to-day?
- Building and maintaining a robust data culture across the business
- Managing our data flow and ensuring data is at the heart of every decision we make
- Working with every team involved in creating awesome mobile games people love to play
What do you need from me?
- A bachelors STEM degree or demonstrable equivalent experience
- A display of experience in the field of Analytics and Business Intelligence
- A deep understanding of mobile games and the free-to-play market
- An ability to analyze large sets of data, produce actionable insights, and develop models in order to best utilize available data
- The skills necessary to guide and scale a team of data scientists and game analysts.
- A willingness to work alongside production teams to ensure data consistency
- The ability to maintain Gram Games’ reporting services and ensure consistent data quality across all of our reports.
- A knowledge of data mining techniques for exploration and visualization for reporting and analytical purposes
- You'll need strong technical understanding of data modeling, design and architecture principles
- You'll be skilled with using SQL, R or Python
In return for bringing your expertise to this top priority role, we can offer some of the best benefits in the Games industry!
- Highly competitive salary
- Private medical care
- Awesome onsite chef serving breakfast, lunch, and lots of treats (naughty and nice)
- Relocation assistance for those moving to the UK
- Life insurance and a favourable pension scheme
- Healthcare cash plan including dental and optical coverage
- Yoga, massages, fitness classes
- Amazing tech to work with and consoles to play and relax with everywhere you look!
As a Principal Game Developer, you'll jump onto one of our largest projects, putting yourself right in the center of the action. You’ll deliver a great code and support your team by coaching them and ensuring they deliver clean, structured code. You’ll also be a source of knowledge of gameplay systems to guide the team.
We're looking for someone who is proactive, autonomous and who can bring years of hands-on, end-to-end production and live operations experience to our team. Someone who jumps to a challenge, and throws their all into writing robust code, and making great games, start to finish. Someone who will contribute fully to the creative process, and has a demonstrated passion for hands on mobile games development.
We're looking for someone who…
...has at least 5+ years experience as a game developer
...has a deep, wide, demonstrated knowledge in various areas of game programming like gameplay, graphics, UI, tools etc.
...has previous experience working with mobile games
...has previously shipped at least one product in a team environment
...has a solid understanding of the Unity 3D game engine
...has strong experience using C# ( experience with other languages is a plus)
...has a solid understanding the life cycle of a game project both development and live operations
...is very comfortable with modern version control systems (git)
…has strong communication skills
…is goal-orientated and a strong team player
...designs, architects, and implements high quality, structured, and robust code.
…can independently create quality solutions to problems.
...can quickly, and efficiently, pick up and start working with pre-existing codebases.
...is proficient in written and spoken English.