SENIOR DESIGNER - CONSOLE UNITY FREE-TO-PLAY
You’ll be the standard bearer for the game vision, the one that others goto to ask questions and challenge. This is an exciting opportunity to work with world class game developers on an original city-building strategy game for console, in a highly creative environment. You’ll be able to create scripts, balance economies, design compulsion loops, write back stories and tie it all together into a compelling social free-to-play experience. When the game goes live, you’ll iterating on designs based on feedback from the analytics team and the player community.
- Designing a new game from the ground floor and influencing the creative direction for the whole team.
- Working effectively within a tiger team of other passionate developers striving to make the best game possible.
- Delivering projects that can scale from soft launch conditions to global success and beyond.
- Working with data analytics to optimise and iterate on game mechanics and balance throughout development phases and liveops.
- 4+ years professional experience in game development with a number of shipped titles.
- Strong team player, eager to learn and share with others.
- Experience working with Unity game engine.
- Strong Excel skills and experience with data driven games.
- Experience of strategy game play testing and design.
- Strong written, presentation and oral communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Extensive knowledge of the free-to-play games market.
- A passion for playing games, particularly simulation and management genres.
Extra kudos for:
- Having played a free-to-play title for at least one year (and converted).
- In depth knowledge of world history and warfare.
- Experience working on city-building or real-time strategy games.
- Professional development experience on console platforms.
- Experience of going through the submission processes on various platforms.
- Experience of live games operations in the market at scale.
- Experience of working on multiplayer strategy games.