The Senior Producer is responsible for their department’s resource, scheduling and completion of deliverables for the game. They will be involved in all stages of the project, from initial concept to the completion of the finished product
- Point-person for any production queries relating to their departments.
- Schedule & Planning: Work with the leads to create and maintain your team’s realistic schedule & planning documentation.
- Milestone planning: Run your team’s planning meetings, publishing minutes from these meetings and assigning tasks.
- Completing Milestones Targets: Work closely with Leads to ensure milestone work is completed on time and to the required quality. Raising any issues with senior production.
- Dependencies: Clearly identify any cross-team dependencies and flag to Senior Production if any are likely to cause issues.
- Change Requests: Liaise with other disciplines to ensure feature change requests are achievable and communicated to those impacted, including people in other teams.
- Outsource: Manage outsource work in conjunction with the leads.
- Meetings and Communication: Make sure required meetings happen and the correct people are involved. All meeting decisions and tasks are then documented and distributed to the studio.
- Risk Management: Identifying areas of risk as early as possible and create solutions to manage these before they impact the project.
- QA Liaison: Work with QA Lead to ensure milestone test plans are scheduled effectively and results are delivered to your team in a timely manner.
- Man Management: Motivate your team daily to ensure they produce the best work possible within time constraints set and provide them general support including:
- Checking they the required hardware, software, tools
- Mentor new staff
- Find good training that allows them to continually develop in their craft
- Set clear goals for your team so they understand what ‘good’ and ‘bad’ looks like
- Praise good performance and disciplining poor performance
- An excellent understanding of the Office suite i.e. Excel, Word
- Experience of bug tracking systems such as Jira
- Experience using project management and version control systems e.g. Hansoft, Shotgun, Perforce
- An awareness of the technologies and techniques used by the teams that you manage such that you can make more informed decisions with them
- Experience working with QA and the different techniques they use in testing
- Demonstrable experience working on AAA projects including examples where you have:
- Been responsible for a large group of developers and taken a project from concept to shipment
- Dealt with an area of a project that wasn’t working and explain how you turned it around
- Creating a culture of excellence within your teams with a higher quality bar than existed before you were in-charge
- Been part of the long term planning such that you avoided issues from happening but also show that you can deal with a situation when things go wrong
- Rewarded good performance and disciplined staff for poor performance such that your team understands what is expected of them
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple requests from different people while working towards a deadline
- Passion for gaming, with excellent design insights across genres
- Broad knowledge of comics, novels, games, cinema, and popular culture relating to video games