Global Data Director
We are currently looking for a positive and motivated person to be a dedicated advertising technology specialist on one of our largest clients.
This global client has a complex advertising technology architecture with many unique technical challenges and bespoke applications at a global and market level. Some of these are unique to the client and an experienced technical specialist is required to lead the organisation and best practice of these technologies globally.
The candidate will act as the first point of contact for any ad-technology strategical queries internally or from client stakeholders. Initially they will review the clients tagging and tracking set up in key markets to ensure that’s it is optimally positioned to service the client's requirements.
They would also look to formulate and produce best practice guidelines and training for markets to help generate efficiencies, to guide teams on how to assign a single point of truth on data generated from activity and help the various vendors align their solutions to reduce any discrepancies.
Other responsibilities include reviewing 4th party adserving and activation processes, working with multiple platforms to ensure that there’s minimal threshold discrepancy between them and work with the client and internal teams queries that may arise these technologies.
In addition to this, they will act in collaboration with the brand safety and fraud teams as well as work with the data teams to ensure data collection, housing and governance is carried out to the best of our capabilities.
- Accountable for leading best practice on the tagging and tracking of the client's digital media campaigns.
- Working with internal teams to ensure they’re adhering to technical workflows and processes that will be established.
- Producing and managing key documents such as platform tag generation, workflows for the deployment of tracking tags into the client sites globally, ways of working documents, etc.
- Verify technical specifications of tracking tags to ensure they’re capturing the desired variables.
- Overseeing campaign ad-serving is set-up correctly and liaising directly with our global ad-servers
- Monitor campaigns to ensure delivery and identify/highlight and resolve any issues.
- Provide continued communication and active support to teams in all queries related to advertising technology leveraged by the client.
- Troubleshoot and provide strategical solutions on challenges such as tagging or reporting issues.
- Be the first point of call for issue escalation within the team.
- Be proactive, engage with client teams & clients and build relationships wherever possible
- Assist Partner with any projects or process changes for the wider team.
- Assist the client and specialist teams in maintaining technical workflows & SLAs.
- Deliver all work to required deadlines and to a standard that exceeds expectations.
- Produce scoping documentation, map out project tasks and timelines to a high standard for the Partner to provide final sign off.
- Internal training and education of wider teams via ad-technology 101s & process/workflows sessions.
- Substantial Knowledge and experience in working on advertising technologies, specifically Sizmek and Adobe are essential. Experience of additional technology platforms such as Celtra, MOAT, Google Marketing Platform (SA360, DV360) is desirable. Knowledge/experience of Facebook Advertising, YouTube Advertising, Twitter Advertising and other 3rd party digital and mobile ad serving and tracking platforms, tools, processes and policies is preferable.
- Ability to thrive and work independently in an incredibly fast-paced, dynamic environment. The ability to be agile across multiple stakeholders, being able to multitask is a must.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills; ability to quickly and creatively solve issues (both technical and operational).
- Significant experience working a digital media agency.
- Significant proven experience working in a technology team within the digital media industry.
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively to non-technical individuals.
- Track record of delivering high-quality results in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
- Working knowledge of Tag Management Solutions such as GTM, Tealium, Ensighten, etc..
- Knowledge of DCO and how to execute DCO campaigns.
- Certifications with platforms such as “Google AdWords/Analytics” beneficial.
Concerning the candidate:
- An ambitious self-starter with gravitas and confidence. They need to be passionate about technology, is detail-oriented, organised and has the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A sociable individual who recognizes the opportunity that this role presents and is driven by a long-term desire to grow and make a contribution to the client, agency, and industry.
- Relationship builder – it will be key for the person to develop a close working relationship with the client teams, internal specialist teams, and technology partners.
- The ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks.
- Work well within a busy team, keep calm under pressure, diligent and take pride in the accuracy of the work produced.
- Attention to detail is critical.